Dev began his career in TV when he and a childhood friend piloted for a new kid’s show as a bit of fun. After landing the job, Dev was watched by millions every Sunday morning on BBC2 show ‘Smile’ as a presenter and DJ alongside Reggie Yates and Fearne Cotton. His popularity was undeniable, and it wasn’t long before he was approached by new BBC digital station 1Xtra, which soon led to him landing his own Saturday show. The station enabled him to share his huge passion for music with his listeners, and the rest is history.
Whilst juggling his radio show and DJing, Dev also found time to write and star in CBBC’s comedy series ‘The Crust’ with Reggie Yates. Dev was keen to throw himself into his newfound love for radio and decided to make the tough decision to step away from TV and focus on his radio career. The decision soon paid off and after a short stint 1Xtra’s early morning show, the powers that be moved him over to BBC juggernaut station Radio 1. Dev began hosting the Weekend Early Breakfast show but after gaining significant momentum, he was moved to Weekday Early Breakfast; the pre-show to the then ‘Chris Moyles Breakfast show’, which was later taken over by Nick Grimshaw. In 2014, he moved back to presenting Weekends, starting with the Weekend Breakfast Show, and on to afternoons on the ‘Dev and Alice’ show alongside co-host Alice Levine. Dev then went on to present his own show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Most recently Dev has joined Heart FM and you can catch his new show every Saturday, 12 - 4pm.
As well as his radio career, Dev also managed to complete a music degree and began running his own recording studio in North London. He now produces and remixes for a variety of bands and artists as well as working on his own music under the pseudonym Joziff Jordan.
DJing is still very much at the heart of his passion. He has performed sets at multiple Radio 1’s Big Weekend’s as well as various venues across the UK and Ibiza.
Dev’s TV career has continued to go from strength to strength having hosted trademark events such as the BAFTA TV Awards, covering the red carpet and backstage. He has presented a number of documentaries for BBC iPlayer including ‘Can You Live Without Your Phone?’ and ‘The Live Lounge Uncovered’ as well as live streams for BBC3/BBC Sport covering ‘League of Legends’.
In 2017, Dev achieved a lifelong dream of competing on ‘Celebrity MasterChef’, surprising everyone by making it to the Final. His participation reignited a passion for food, resulting in hosting regular slots on BBC1’s ‘Saturday Kitchen’. One of Dev’s favourite shows to host is BBC1’s ‘The One Show’ alongside Alex Jones and for many years he hosted a segment on CBBC’s ‘The Playlist’ where he covered ‘what’s’ hot in pop each week. Dev also took part in the first celebrity series of Channel 4’s ‘SAS: Who Dares Wins’ for Stand Up To Cancer, another challenging experience that saw Dev stretched to the limits both mentally and physically, resulting in very emotional viewing. Most recently we saw Dev return to the ‘Celebrity Masterchef’ kitchen for their Christmas special.
Dev is certainly not one to turn a challenge down and competed in the 2019 series of BBC1’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, where he partnered with professional dancer Dianne Buswell. Despite never having danced before, Dev was awarded straight 9’s and received a standing ovation from three of the judges in week 3 of the competition, immediately placing him second on the leader board. His Strictly journey was sadly cut short the following week when he was controversially voted out of the competition by the judges, much to the disappointment of the viewers who were devastated to see him leave.
- Heart FM
- BBC Radio 1 (Friday / Saturday / Sunday 1-4pm)
- Celebrity Masterchef Christmas Special - BBC1
- Vodafone ‘School Sims’ Campaign
- Guessable - Comedy Central
- Strictly Come Dancing - BBC1
- The Chase ‘Celebrity Special’ - ITV
- SAS Who Dares Wins for Stand Up to Cancer C4
- BAFTA TV Awards (Red carpet and backstage host)
- Celebrity Masterchef BBC1 (Runner up)
- Saturday Kitchen BBC1 (VT Presenter)
- Visa host for Benicassim and Boardmasters
- BBC iPlayer - Radio 1 Future Anthems
- BBC iPlayer - “Can you live without your phone” documentary
- BBC iPlayer - Batman Vs Superman documentary
- BBC iPlayer - The Truth Behind Star Wars documentary
- Bargain Hunt, Children In Need Special - BBC1
- Celebrity Mastermind - BBC1
- Wild Things - Sky 1
- BBC iPlayer - BabyMetal to Wembley documentary
- League of Legends Live Stream, BBC3 / BBC Sport
- The Live Lounge Uncovered, BBC iPlayer
- Pointless Celebrities, BBC1
- BBC Children in need
- Radio 1 and 1xtra Stories “So you think you can lift”
- Creamfields TV host
- Call of Duty, Live stream host
- BBC Learning / BBC Two “Devs Music Tech”
- BBC Learning / BBC Two “Adapting Carmen: Re-imagining a Classic”
- Comic Relief
- CBBC / BBC 2 ‘smile’ & ‘the crust’
- BBC Learning / BBC Two ‘music technology’
- BBC Switch
- BBC Radio 3
- BBC Radio 1xtra
- Royal Shakespeare company
- National youth music theatre
- BBC 2 ‘Crucial Films’